Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tyler

Last but not least! One year ago today our Baby A Tyler, who was and is the biggest triplet, finally came home. Our family was complete at last.

The reason he stayed in the NICU/SCN for that long was simple: he was too lazy to nipple and decided that he could get the same yummy food through his gavage. That's when mommy decided to have a serious discussion with him on New Year's Eve and told him that he'd better get his ducks in a row so he could come home. And five days later he finally graduated from the NICU/SCN. Happy Graduation Day big boy!

What a year this has been. I had no idea what to expect even though I had cared for Lucas but having a singleton was an easy job compared to caring for triplets.

The first three months were the hardest with having to feed them every 3 to 4 hours, change diapers, etc. and pump milk somewhere in between all that. Luckily I had my husband home for the first 10 weeks who would feed two babies while I pumped after feeding one. After he returned to work I gave up pumping completely.

I can't say it has been easy taking care of three infants and one toddler all by myself during the day but somehow I managed. I can't even begin to explain what a blessing they are and what a journey this has been and I know there will be many more ups and downs along the way but I can't wait to see what my four miracles have in store for us in the years to come.
Tyler - First Christmas 2008

Tyler - Days after his First Christmas at home 2009

4 comments:

  1. Just have to say I am glad you "only" had three. I cry harder with each homecoming story! It is so touching to see such a dedicated mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly have no idea how you did it either. i can't imagine at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a strong strong woman! Tyler looks adorable and it's crazy how much they can grow in just one year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so adorable! Enjoying reading your blogging too...even if its not 365! LOL!

    Take care & I'll keep checking in!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete