Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where to start?

Wow, it has been way too long since I've updated our blog but there is a simple reason for that. My laptop's motherboard went bad and even though we have a desktop computer I didn't have the patience to do any sort of internet activities except for checking e-mails and doing online banking. The reason, that thing is just too darn old and slow. So the laptop went off to be repaired (free of charge since Mommy was smart enough to buy an extended warranty) and 3 long weeks later, tah dah!

I don't even know where to start since it seems like so much has been going on with all of the kiddos.

Lucas had finished his evaluations at the local school board and qualifies for free speech therapy through the district which he started on Monday. What's really neat is that he is in group therapy which I believe will encourage him to use his vocabulary even more. He's been doing so well since he started therapy through one of the local hospitals back in October. We decided to continue therapy there as well and concentrate more on his articulation.
The babies are also doing extremely well. Tyler now has two teeth on the bottom. It's just too cute when he shows them off with his big smiles. He is also sitting up on his own and just gets too bored being on his tummy or back and thus sits all the time. He also scoots a few inches here and there to get closer to us or nearby toys.

Noah has started crawling and I'm sure he'll be an expert in it in no time. Miss Julie however is taking her sweet old time and is content rolling on the floor and looking cute. She is neither interested in crawling nor scooting or even sitting up. Therefore she is doing really well holding her own bottle. I guess each at their own time.

One thing that I find rather amusing to watch is Noah and Julie picking up their own pacifiers and putting them in their mouths. They are real experts and it amazes me every time I see it. However if they are too close to one another and both suckers are nearby, they will go for whichever one they can get their hands on - Noah might have a pink sucker reading "Daddy's Little Girl" and Julie a blue one. It can also get ugly though - I witnessed Noah taking Julie's sucker right out of her mouth to use as his own. Payback was rough though when big brother Tyler got involved - he pulled Noah's sucker out which landed right in front of Julie which she immediately picked up to use as her own. Oh and Tyler does not use a pacifier since he is content sucking on two fingers.
I'm sure I haven't covered all of the news but I think this is a good start. To end this first post in a long time I will include some recent pictures. Enjoy!
Our four little angels
Noah with baby food leftovers

Tyler

Lucas enjoying some cold water on a hot day

Julie

6 comments:

  1. great pictures. glad you are back! LOVE the pic of julie with her little hands clasped. adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to live without a good computer, isn't it? Glad everyone is progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed your updates! Your babies are getting so big...crawling, teeth, sitting up, oh my!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you are back, I wondered if you fell off the face of the earth! :) LOVE the pic with Julie and her little hands folded together. And Lucas in the bucket....HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics!! The babies are growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that last picture made me smile!! Its so cute!!
    The story about the pacifier war is too funny!

    About the cakes..dont worry if I ever ship..we can get in contact and you'll be the first cake ever ship :)

    ReplyDelete