I NEVER thought it would be this difficult to potty train a child! We have been trying for a while now to potty train our now 3 year old son Lucas. However, we made a big mistake by starting shortly before the triplets were born. Hence, no success.
Fortunately, Lucas started showing interest again...yay!! But somehow I have yet to figure out how to successfully train him to properly use the toilet. Here is our current status:
Things he does really well:
- pulls down his pants/shorts and pull-ups
- moves the step stool in front of the toilet
- places his toilet seat properly on the toilet
- sits on the toilet.
Things he does really well that I however could live without:
- runs around naked throughout the house
- pee-pees over the seat onto the floor
- doesn't want to put his pull-ups and pants/shorts back on
- has mommy find a cup in the toilet and juice on his shirt
- has mommy find a pair of socks in the toilet
- has mommy find Lucas with a foot in the toilet
- has mommy find Lucas with his head in the toilet and the top of his hair wet
So needless to say, it's going rather well.
Any suggestions/comments/ideas and smarty pants remarks are welcome, I suppose.